The holidays are such a fun time - many indulge in great food, spend time with family and friends, and enjoy a break from work. Returning to the (home) office in January can be tough - but with a little bit of acknowledgement and effort from their companies, employees can feel appreciated and ready to tackle the New Year’s challenges and tasks.
- Kick off with culture. Make an effort to welcome the team back via email or video meeting, ask about how their aunt’s mashed potatoes tasted this year, and share the plans to support a positive and fun work culture in the year ahead. Employees will appreciate your human side.
- Set clear goals and expectations. Your employees want to excel in their careers, and the best way for them to do that is to know what is expected of them. Outlining goals at a company and an employee level will help your team stay on track and feel accomplished.
- Remember to conduct evaluations and reviews. Your team will feel like their careers and success is important to the company, and they can work towards moving up.
- Invest in professional development. Remember how employees want to succeed? Continued education is the best way to ensure that! Better team = better company. A win-win.
- Thank them with a gift. A thoughtful gift says “I appreciate you” and can earn you much sought after respect from your employees. Our recommendations for gifts that can help your team feel refreshed are scented candles, a new reusable water bottle (complete with company logo, of course) and some delicious treats to keep at their desks.
Now that sounds like the perfect way to kick off a new year.Interested in custom corporate gifting? Our team at Happy Box can handle it for you. Check out our corporate offerings here.