Happy Box is Growing!
We are an e-commerce curated gift box company, featured in Brit+Co, OprahMag.com, BRIDES, and more. Founded by two sisters, Happy Box Store believes that giving the perfect gift should be as happy of an experience as receiving one. We hope to deliver a little more “happy” to the world by making it easier to celebrate any moment with gifts built specific to each recipient. Our customers pick a box, pick a variety of gifts, and pick a card, and their gift gets sent directly to their recipient’s door. We buy a large majority of our products from other female-owned and local businesses, so our customers know they are supporting great businesses when they buy from us. Our warehouse/HQ is located in mid-town Hoboken, NJ.
The following roles are open, see more detailed descriptions and how to apply below:
- Part Time Executive Assistant & Project Manager
- Part Time E-commerce Fulfillment Specialist
- Part Time Assistant Buyer
- 2020 Summer E-commerce & Marketing Intern (see below)
- 2020 Summer Creative/Design Intern (see below)
2020 SUMMER E-COMMERCE & MARKETING INTERNSHIP (Part time paid internship)
We are hiring a part-time Intern for the summer to support all e-commerce, fulfillment and marketing initiatives from a B2C and B2B perspective. This is the perfect internship for someone who is looking to learn at a growing e-commerce startup, and wants marketing experience.
- Fulfillment support
- Supporting our fulfillment team with fulfillment of orders in the warehouse: packing boxes, hand-writing cards, printing shipping labels, preparing for shipment
- Counting inventory and updating our inventory management documents
- Marketing support
- Conduct research and reporting to support all marketing and business initiatives
- Support marketing and promotional initiatives for Happy Box including but not limited to: email marketing, photoshoots, social media marketing, flyering, events, partnerships and more. You will also run organic social media accounts Writing captions and creating visuals (photos) for social media account
- Administrative support
Ad hoc asks from the founders and warehouse manager
Week 1: 4 days fulfillment support in our warehouse, so you learn all about our business
Weeks 2 - on: 2 days fulfillment support in the warehouse, 2 days remote marketing and research work (either on your own or with founders).
- Positive attitude and desire to learn from an entrepreneurial startup environment!
- Great communication skills, critical thinking skills
- To be ambitious and solutions oriented - we’re always solving problems
- Interested in e-commerce, entrepreneurship, and marketing
- Basic computer proficiency (email, able to be trained in our software)
- Willing to go above and beyond the listed duties in times where it’s busy!
- Must be at least 18 years old and legally able to work in the U.S.
- Must be able to lift somewhat heavy boxes (30 lbs) occasionally to move around inventory
*If interested in the marketing internship role, please email email@example.com, with the job description in the subject line, as well as your resume and cover letter of why you're interested in working with us as well as 1-3 ideas you have for better marketing our business.
2020 SUMMER GRAPHIC DESIGN/CREATIVE INTERNSHIP (Part time paid internship)
As a startup that continues to grow everyday, we are looking for a graphic design/creative intern to play a role in helping design creative assets including but not limited to:
- Designing marketing assets (social, sales decks, email, icons, display banners, website, print materials and more
- Creative brainstorming and concepting for ad campaigns and new gift offerings
- Organizing creative asset folders via Google Drive
- Editing photos (color correcting, resizing, and more)
- Designing logo files that allow our clients to customize a variety of items
- Managing @happyboxstore social content calendars (copy + imagery); Creating Gifs for social media use
- Conceptualizing and making designs for packaging, merchandise, and other marketing related tasks
- Photography (portrait - people/lifestyle; and table top - product); Videography experience a plus
- Assisting with photography shoots for product launches
- Assisting with other various administrative and e-commerce tasks - we are a startup so we all wear various hats!
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for an ambitious creative college student or recent grad who is eager to learn about what it truly takes to run a small business from the ground up as well as develop a robust and wide portfolio that includes work across a variety of channels. Someone interested in working in marketing or design is preferred.
- Currently pursuing a degree in graphic design/creative field
- Have access to a laptop with the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc)
- Have a portfolio with examples of previous work (real-world or classroom work)
- Be a self-starter and eager to learn. Someone who is eager to take charge and run with tasks; not afraid to roll their sleeves up and help with a variety of tasks
- Have a strong work ethic with great attention to detail
- Have a combination of creativity and a high level of organization
- You’re interested in exploring how a brand comes to life across a variety of marketing channels
This will be partial remote work, partial in-person work. We will need support in person for photoshoots and you will have meetings with our founder and chief creative officer, but much design work can be done remotely.
*If interested in the creative internship role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, with the job description in the subject line, a link to some of your work/portfolio, and a cover letter of why you're interested in creatively driving the brand.