*Now hiring for Holiday '22 Season*
HIRING: Seasonal Part Time E-Commerce Fulfillment Specialist
Starting ASAP through mid-February, depending on sales volume potentially longer.
Happy Box is hiring part-time seasonal e-commerce fulfillment specialists for the holiday season (Nov 1-February 15) or more/less depending on sales volume. You’ll be responsible for hand-packing daily custom care package orders as well as bulk corporate orders, as well fielding customer service inquiries (via email) and providing customers with a solution within the parameters of our company Customer Experience (CX) guidelines.
We expect employees to approach each day with a positive attitude, represent our positive company culture, and inspire teamwork and safety in our warehouse. As a scrappy start-up, our perfect candidate is willing to take an all-hands approach to jump in to assist other team members when needed, even if not in the job description, as we are an all-hands-on-deck team.
Shifts are 4-8 hours long, between the hours of 8 am - 6 pm in-person at our warehouse in North Bergen, NJ.
- Adhere to all safety policies in the warehouse; follow direction from management
- Fulfillment of orders in the warehouse including: hand-packing boxes so gifts are beautifully presented & hand-writing cards. Please review our box builder on our website to see what kinds of gift packages you’ll be packing up.
- Meet fulfillment pacing & daily quota requirements (once fully onboarded) - you will need to fulfill a certain number of boxes or handwritten cards per hour.
- Organize inventory at pick/pack stations & monitor station inventory levels for restocking
- Unpack, prepare, and distribute inventory at pick/pack stations (restocking)
- Take out garbage, organize and keep the warehouse & pick/pack stations clean and orderly, in line with safety rules
- Assist with miscellaneous fulfillment projects to keep operations running smoothly (kitting, organizing, preparing inventory, sticking stickers on product, counting products, assessing for damages)
- Support regular inventory counts as needed
- Efficiently and correctly answers email and social media customer service inquiries and tickets (via our customer service software, Gorgias) regarding shipping issues, product questions, order issues, including any and all general customer concerns. Redirects issues to appropriate internal parties as needed to ensure further action is taken.
- Partner with our shipping insurance partner to submit claims as needed
- Must be at least 18 years old and legally able to work in the U.S.
- Must be able to work in-person in our fulfillment center in North Bergen (metered street parking available, 10 min walk from light rail station)
- Ideally, you have clear, neat handwriting
- Basic computer proficiency (email, able to be trained in our software)
- Must be solutions-oriented with a positive attitude!
- Must be able to lift heavy boxes (up to 30 lbs) occasionally to move around and organize inventory, restock inventory, move around empty pallets
- Must be able to comfortably walk up and down stairs (we are 3rd floor with only a freight elevator)
- Must be willing and able to operate a freight elevator safely (training provided)
Must be able to stand for long periods of time (4+ hours)
Previous e-commerce fulfillment, or retail, or customer-facing experience preferred.
COVID POLICIES MAY CHANGE BASED ON MANAGEMENT DECISIONS INFORMED BY THE CDC
- This is an in-person employment opportunity. All staff must abide by all COVID-19 and other safety regulations and policies as set forth by Happy Box management, based in CDC recommendations
- Employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19 unless you cannot be due to sincerely held religious belief or medical condition as recommended by the CDC. If an employee is unvaccinated for one of the above reasons, they must wear a clean mask at all times while in the workspace.
- Employees who call out sick for a day due to any symptoms that are on CDC's list of COVID symptoms must follow CDC guidelines for returning to work based on vaccination status and exposure
Staff mandatory workspace sanitization upon arrival and before leaving your workspace
We are a women and minority owned e-commerce curated gift box company, featured in Brit+Co, OprahMag.com, BRIDES, and more. We believe that giving the perfect gift should be as happy of an experience as receiving one. We hope to deliver a little more “happy” to the world by making it easier to celebrate any moment with gifts built specific to each recipient. Our customers pick a box, pick a variety of gifts, and pick a card, and their gift gets sent directly to their recipient’s door. We buy a large majority of our products from other female-owned and local businesses, so our customers know they are supporting great businesses when they buy from us. Our warehouse/HQ is located in North Bergen, NJ.
*If interested in the role, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include why you're interested in this role, our brand/business, and how your previous experience will be relevant.